Our client is a leading energy, utilities and urban development group, operating across multiple markets worldwide. Polymathian engaged with a mix-used industrial site in which the client supplies power, steam and other utilities direct to customers, as well as to the national markets.
As a utility provider, the client must meet the energy demands of its onsite customers in the most cost-effective way. At the same time, the connection to the domestic power market permits merchant trading to increase revenue. Maximising value in real time requires the coordinated, optimal dispatch of a mix of steam, power and co-generation assets.
- Complex steam and power networks with multiple generation and fuel sources
- Site operations governed by operator experience and standard operating procedures
- Detailed revenue and cost calculations per asset
- Technical issues integrating relevant data in a readily accessible form
- Renewable energy scheme financial considerations
- Retrospective reporting and customisation limitations
- Strict safety protocols requiring human management
Polymathian deployed VOLT, an autonomous, real-time, continuous optimisation platform designed for the energy and utilities sector, resulting in:
- The ability to configure assets to maximise capacity and cost-efficiency
- Increased capability to react to site changes in real-time
- Real-time visibility over surplus capacity and production costs to improve merchant trading capability
- Standardisation of best practice operational procedures across all operators
- ‘What-if’ modelling capability for use in offline scenario analysis