You're really talented, Solene. The baby chics are my favorite, but all your works of art showcase your aptitude for each of the mediums you choose.
- What was the last app you downloaded?
- Eat Club - an app that lets you know where to find good deals at local restaurants.
- If you had to be an inanimate object, what would you choose and why?
- Tough question. I think I’d choose to be windchimes because you get to hang out outside and make people feel relaxed with your chill sounds.
- What is one thing you cannot live without?
- Cooking. I love cooking. When I travel, I can’t wait to get home and cook my own food.
- If you are hosting special guests for dinner, what are you serving them?
- It depends on the time of year. I’d make a veggie moussaka in winter, which is the perfect comfort food. In summer, I’d serve vegan tacos with homemade corn tortillas.
- After returning home from a holiday, how long does it take you to unpack your suitcase?
- I'm not great about it, but usually within the week.
You're not alone, Solene. The internet has thoughts on this topic.
- Ever met someone famous?
- Pick a song that perfectly describes you.
- I love the song Go Do by Jonsi
Have a listen. Go Do by Jonsi
- Is there a trend in simulation that you are seeing at the moment?
- One big trend is the application of simulation in the decarbonisation process. Simulation is the ideal way to test the electrification of different mine assets because it allows you to evaluate various performance parameters, such as charging times, routes to charging stations, and battery sizes, to assess their effects. Simulation is perfect for understanding how to gain efficiencies and reduce waste without risk.
Thanks for taking a moment to get to know, Solene. If you'd like to learn more about how simulation can support your company's journey to net zero, you can connect with Solene on LinkedIn
About the interviewer
Tami Pizani is a member of the Polymathian marketing team and has made it her mission to shine a spotlight on the employees behind Polymathian's success. Tami loves a great underdog story, discovering commonalities when meeting someone new, and a healthy debate over the use of the Oxford comma. You can connect with Tami on LinkedIn