Polymathian is a niche consulting and hosted software development company specialising in optimisation based decision support tools. Polymathian works in a range of industries including: Mining, Maritime, Rail, Sports and Oil & Gas, to name but a few, and supports tools deployed around the world.
Small teams, huge projects
We offer the opportunity to play a key role in projects for some of the largest companies in Australia and around the world. We believe in small, project-dedicated teams where every member directly affects the end product. At Polymathian you'll have opportunities to play a crucial role in developing software which will be vital in making what could be multi-million dollar decisions for our clients.
Be part of a team who fosters innovation, encourages education and loves what they do. Everyone at Polymathian either have many years of experience, extensive qualifications or are currently studying toward them. We're always pushing the boundaries. We all have an infectious passion for what we do and we apply that to our work every day.
You'll work in an environment where everyone understands what you're doing. Meet people in industry, around Australia and all over the world, talking about your work, selling the code you have developed. We want people who can be amazing coders and amazing business representatives, all in the same day.
If you are interested in solving challenging planning and scheduling related optimisation problems, using modern software development tools and frameworks, with cutting edge cloud environments, you will love working in Polymathian.
More important than experience and qualifications is attitude. A willingness to learn, a positive attitude, and passion is key. As a developer, you need to care about and take pride in your code. In providing customer support, you'll strive to continually delight our customers.
Responsible and adaptable
We're still a small business, albeit growing rapidly; if you like the challenges and unique aspects of working in small teams, enjoy enormous autonomy, and you're adaptable enough to help out other teams and other aspects of the business, you'll fit in perfectly.
- Fantastic interpersonal and communication skills
- Formal qualifications and/or experience in software development
- Experience with object orientated programming languages
- Willingness to work as part of a team and get involved in the full software development lifecycle
- Formal qualifications and/or experience in Python and/or C++
- Exposure to modern front end development technologies
- Experience and/or formal qualification in applied mathematics
- Exposure to deployment frameworks and techniques
- Familiarity with parts of Polymathian's tech stack
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services
The dominant languages used in Polymathian include: Python, C++, TypeScript and React.
The kinds of frameworks, toolkits, IDEs and third party software we use include: Docker, Flask, SQLAlchemy, RQ, NumPy, Pandas, Alembic, React, D3, Plot.ly, Jenkins, Jira, Confluence, Microsoft 365, Git, Visual Studio, PyCharm, Gurobi, PuLP, PostgreSQL, Boto, Zappa and all manner of Amazon Web Services… to name but a few.
Remuneration and Benefits
- Salary commensurate with formal qualifications and level of experience
- Flexible working environment
- Access to learning and development programs and conference events
- Company funded team event (Skiing in Japan Jan 2019, hiking in Tasmania Jan 2020)
- Other company funded social events throughout the year
- Company funded Friday lunches
How To Apply
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include:
- Cover Letter
- Github, Bitbucket, Stack Overflow or other relevant accounts
- Any work or projects which support your application