Polymathian is a niche consulting and hosted software development company specialising in optimisation based decision support tools. Polymathian works in a range of industries including: Mining, Maritime, Rail, Sports and Oil & Gas, to name but a few, and supports tools deployed around the world.
Small teams, huge projects
We offer the opportunity to play a key role in projects for some of the largest companies in Australia and around the world. We believe in small, project-dedicated teams where every member directly affects the end product. At Polymathian you'll have opportunities to play a crucial role in developing software which will be vital in making what could be multi-million dollar decisions for our clients.
Be part of a team who fosters innovation, encourages education and loves what they do. Everyone at Polymathian either have many years of experience, extensive qualifications or are currently studying toward them. We're always pushing the boundaries. We all have an infectious passion for what we do and we apply that to our work every day.
You'll work in an environment where everyone understands what you're doing. Meet people in industry, around Australia and all over the world, talking about your work, selling the code you have developed. We want people who can be amazing coders and amazing business representatives, all in the same day.
If you are interested in solving challenging planning and scheduling related optimisation problems, using modern software development tools and frameworks, with cutting edge cloud environments, you will love working in Polymathian.
More important than experience and qualifications is attitude. A willingness to learn, a positive attitude, and passion is key. As a developer, you need to care about and take pride in your code. In providing customer support, you'll strive to continually delight our customers.
Responsible and adaptable
We're still a small business, albeit growing rapidly; if you like the challenges and unique aspects of working in small teams, enjoy enormous autonomy, and you're adaptable enough to help out other teams and other aspects of the business, you'll fit in perfectly.
- Fantastic interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness to be part of a team building, enhancing, maintaining, supporting and using complex optimisation based decision support tools
- Consulting experience incorporating, supporting and managing change for new software implemented in organisations
- Formal qualifications and/or experience in software development
- Experience and/or formal qualification in applied mathematics
Remuneration and Benefits
- Salary commensurate with formal qualifications and level of experience
- Employee bonus scheme, paid twice yearly
- Flexible working environment
- Access to learning and development programs and conference events
- 1 week overseas company funded event (Japanese Ski Fields in January for the last 4 years)
- Other company funded social events throughout the year
- Company funded Friday lunches